It’s been a long time since we updated you on progress with the New Scouting Centre, a busy couple of months. As we reported in the April Newsletter the landscaping has been done including a hedge, the walls and ceilings have been fitted and painted, the floors are down in the kitchen and toilets, and most of the plumbing has been done.
- we have had all the electrical wiring installed
- the toilet partitions have been built
- the floors are down in the leaders’ den and storeroom
- the kitchen has been fitted culminating in the worktop being fitted today!
- the toilets are operational
All that’s left to do before the Jumble Sale is to get the plumbing connected for the kitchen sinks and dishwasher, and then we’re operational. There will be lots of detail finishing to be done after Jumble, things like varnishing internal doors, fitting architrave, skirting boards and windowsills and, of course, the floor in the main hall.